- Golden Macadamias was established during 2000 and completed in 2001.
- The vertical integration achieved was a first for the South African industry with many advantages for growers.
To be the preferred supplier of quality macadamia products and providing the best return to our stakeholders
Company culture - A set of values shared by a group of people
- Providing value to our customers, through quality products and outstanding service
- Promoting and practicing responsible and ethical and environmental standards
- Stakeholder satisfaction through service excellence
- Treat people respectfully and expect excellence and the rest will follow
- Absolute integrity, honesty and inclusivity
Our stakeholders are :
- Our customers
- Our people
- Our suppliers
- Our environment
- Our shareholders
We expect all stakeholders of Golden Macadamias to abide by the purpose, values and culture above.
- Golden Macadamias is situated in Mpumalanga, one of the 9 provinces of South Africa, only 300km away from Johannesburg International Airport and 40km from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport.
- The world famous Kruger National Park lies 60km to the east, and the factory is surrounded by a wildlife paradise with more than 25 private game reserves, covering an area of more than 2,5 million hectares.
Crop and Production
- The majority of the crop is grown in the Mpumalanga area of South Africa.
- The Mpumalanga crop is spread between 3 main areas, Barberton, Nelspruit /Whiteriver and Hazyview
- Trees have been planted, ranging from newly established orchards to trees of up to 30 years old.
- This crop will grow in the future as the trees mature.
- All the companies’ raw material is sourced from shareholders and contracted suppliers.